Radamel Falcao has thanked Manchester United fans for their support and admits it was "fantastic" to make his debut in Sunday's 4-0 win over QPR at Old Trafford.

Falcao, who joined United on a lucrative season-long loan deal on transfer deadline day, came on to a rapturous welcome on 67 minutes as goals from Angel Di Maria, Ander Herrera, Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata gave Louis van Gaal his first Premier League victory.

The Colombian superstar insists he enjoyed the moment despite failing to find the
net himself, and hopes United will continue in the same winning vein after an underwhelming start to the season.

"I am very happy for this victory and the support was great," he told the club's official website. "I want to continue that way. I want to say thank you to the fans and I enjoyed that a lot, this match. It was fantastic. I almost scored. The goalkeeper was good. I hope to score the next game.

"It felt good to make my debut here at Old Trafford and I am happy to get the win. I am enjoying this moment. It is an extraordinary stadium, a legendary stadium. Bit by bit, we will gel together as a team and the new players will feel more comfortable. I hope everything continues for us like it has.