Friday 26 September 2014

Wenger is an Idol: Pochettino

Pochettino: I have full respect for WengerThe Argentine says that he has great respect for the long-serving Arsenal boss, with whom he says he enjoys "a good relationship"
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says that he holds opposite number Arsene Wenger in high regard as he prepares for his first north
London derby.

The Frenchman took over the reins at Arsenal in 1996 and has since won eight major domestic honours with the club.

Pochettino, by contrast, only replaced Tim Sherwood at White Hart Lane over the summer but hopes to enjoy a similarly successful spell in charge.

Asked about Wenger on the eve of the first north London derby of the season, the Argentine revealed: "We have a good relationship.

"We played against Arsenal [while I was at Southampton]. I have full respect for him, he is a great manager.

"An 18-year stay in charge is not easy. It's a big gap with me in Tottenham.

"Tottenham, for me, is a big job. It's a dream to stay here like [him] or to have the time Arsene had in Arsenal. For this, I need to show my skill, I need to work hard, I need to get the results.

"In football, you never know, you need to work with passion that we have. We are positive in our job, in our skill, with the players. We try to arrive as far as possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment